Buying Property Guide
Add your name to the collection.
Authentic Italian recipes for you to enjoy.
Enjoy photos of Italy, wine making & more.
Proverbs in Italian & English.
Weekly column dedicated to today's Italy.
by Francesca Di Meglio
Articles on growing up Italian.
by Cookie Curci
Una Mamma Italiana
Articles for Italian mammas.
by Tiffany Longo
Sign up for our FREE newsletter.
Test your knowledge of Italy.
|Recipe contributed by Joe Barracato
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup of flour or more if needed
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 to 15 sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Make the dough: In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta with the egg yolks, Parmesan, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix well to ensure the mixture is fully homogeneous before adding the flour (in step 2), because once you add it, you want to mix as little as possible to prevent the gnocchi from becoming dense.
- Make a well in the center of the ricotta mixture and add the flour. Mix gently to combine, just until the flour is fully incorporated. The dough should be firm enough to be easily handled. If needed, add up to ¼ cup additional flour to ensure the proper texture.
- Shape the gnocchi: On a lightly floured surface, roll out a third of the dough into a long rope about ½ inch thick. Cut the rope into ¾-inch pieces.
- Cook the gnocchi: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop the gnocchi into the water. Cook until all the gnocchi rise to the surface, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat until it begins to turn brown and smell nutty, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the sage and the cooked gnocchi, and sauté until the gnocchi are coated in the butter and the sage is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Submit a Recipe
Print This Recipe
Shirts & Novelties
Proudly display the colors of Italy with these great products.
Huge selection of Italian charms and jewelry.
The world largest online retailer for Premium Italian Fashions.
Fine gourmet foods and more.
Customize your trip to Italy.